Mission, Purpose & Benefits
UNCL leads the University of Nebraska libraries to create and sustain a rich, supportive, and diverse knowledge environment that furthers teaching, learning, and research through the sharing of collections, expertise, and programs.
Purpose & Benefits
- Provide leadership working together to address major policy and economic challenges facing the University of Nebraska libraries.
- Expand access to and affordability of electronic information resources through Consortium negotiation and purchasing arrangements.
- Participate in interlibrary loan and reciprocal borrowing programs.
- Support coordinated collection management, digitization, preservation, archiving and storage projects.
- Evaluate integrated library management systems and implement shared technologies to enhance discovery and access across campuses.
- Share library resources, expertise, and services.
- Work collaboratively with other library agencies, networks, and consortia.